At Mountainside Dental Group, our friendly team of specialists is committed to providing a comfortable environment and delivering exceptional oral healthcare services. Among our wide range of dental procedures is restorative dentistry with dental implants.
Tooth loss or decay can cause a plethora of problems, so it is essential to consider dental implants as a solution. Mountainside Dental Group in La Quinta, CA can help you understand the procedure and its benefits. Contact us today for a consultation and to learn whether dental implants are right for you.
Single Tooth Implants
When a single tooth falls out, the resulting void can affect a patient’s entire mouth. Surrounding teeth may begin to converge and alter their facial structure, and the gums may become more vulnerable to disease or infection. Additionally, the jawbone can start to deteriorate. Fortunately, dental implants can prevent these consequences from ever occurring.
The single tooth implant is designed to replace a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth within different regions of the mouth. The implants replace tooth roots, serving as a foundation for replacement teeth. To complete the entire prosthetic piece, there are three components; this is the implant post, the abutment, and the dental crown. The phases of this placement are as follows:
- Implant post – Your surgery will involve placing the implant post in your jaw. It will take three to six months for it to integrate with your gum tissue.
- Abutment attachment – The post and abutment may be placed simultaneously, but that is not always the case. This phase involves attaching an abutment to the post so that the gum tissue can grow around it.
- Crown attachment – Finally, we will attach a customized crown to the abutment to serve as your replacement tooth.
In the case that a patient has multiple adjacent missing teeth, an implant-supported bridge may be recommended. This type of restoration is similar to a regular dental bridge, however, it is supported by one or more dental implants rather than by the surrounding natural teeth. This can provide a more stable and longer-lasting solution for patients without requiring them to damage their natural teeth.
If you are considering an implant-supported bridge, it is important to consult with our team to ensure that this is the best option for you.
- The first step will be to have a comprehensive examination and evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
- Once it is determined that an implant-supported bridge is right for you, the next step is to place the implant posts on either side of the gap.
- Once the implants are fully healed, we will attach your custom-made bridge for a comfortable fit and natural appearance.
All-on-4 dental implants are a type of permanent denture that can be surgically fitted to your mouth. Once placed, they look, feel, and function just like natural teeth. It’s important to remember that implants aren’t like typical dentures; this restorative solution can’t be removed and doesn’t require additional care beyond regular brushing and flossing.
While the prospect of full-mouth implants can be daunting to some, the procedure becomes much less scary when you understand its steps. All-on-4 placement will typically follow these steps and be completed within just one day:
- Step 1: Remove any remaining teeth in the mouth.
- Step 2: Take an x-ray to ensure the implants are placed correctly.
- Step 3: Implants are surgically placed into the jawbone.
- Step 4: Snap on a permanent denture for a natural-looking smile.
Once your smile is restored, you’ll have a fully-functioning set of teeth, allowing you to eat and speak without worrying about denture slippage. What’s more, these affordable dental implants can prevent future oral health problems, such as gum recession and bone loss. Be sure to ask our team about all the other benefits you can get from All-on-4 implants.