Our team at Mountainside Dental Group is happy to provide you with professional, well-trusted cosmetic dentistry services in La Quinta, CA. Our procedures include many aesthetically pleasing corrective solutions, including teeth whitening and veneers. We understand your smile can affect your self-confidence and happiness, which is why we’re dedicated to helping you obtain the dazzling smile of your dreams. Whether you’re after a brighter smile or desire a complete transformation, our friendly team will provide you with all the services you need!
Veneers & Lumineers
A porcelain veneer is a thin shell made of porcelain that covers your teeth to improve their appearance. Veneers resemble natural teeth, and they can remedy a wide range of cosmetic concerns. Whether you need to restore the aesthetic appeal to one tooth or more, porcelain veneers can help. They are semi-permanent solutions to help increase your self-esteem and enable you to smile confidently in public.
Receiving porcelain veneers is a multi-step process.
- The first stage involves a consultation where we will help you determine whether porcelain veneers are right for you and discuss your budget and desired outcome. If we decide to proceed, we will schedule a preparation visit.
- During this appointment, we will remove a layer of tooth enamel to make room for veneer placement on your teeth. We will then take an impression of your teeth to aid in creating your veneers and determine the appropriate shade to match your existing tooth color.
- Finally, your last appointment will be for veneer placement. Our dental specialists will clean, polish, and etch your teeth to prepare for veneer placement. We will apply the veneers to your teeth using quick-drying bonding cement. After the cement has cured, you can go about your day with a bright new smile.
Lumineers are quite similar to veneers and are applied directly to your natural teeth. They are thin and discreet and are only as thick as a contact lens. The procedure is generally quicker than a veneer procedure, as traditional veneers require the reshaping and drilling of your natural tooth, leaving the tooth unprotected without enamel. With Lumineers, your natural teeth remain intact, and the procedure is reversible. Overall, lumineers are an ideal choice if you are looking for a quick, pain-free, and effective procedure to achieve the smile of your dreams.
Whether you have staining from years of coffee drinking or yellowing from age, we offer safe, professional teeth whitening that is sure to improve your confidence and the beauty of your smile. This is all possible with our LumiSmile teeth whitening kits!
The LumiSmile take-home kits are popular for many reasons. Not only are they easy to use, but they also cause minimal sensitivity. These are great for people who want whiter teeth but may be nervous about the harmful effects of harsher bleaching treatments. We offer three different concentrations of whitening gel. Based on your desired results and tooth sensitivity, we will help you select the best concentration for your teeth from the 32%, 22%, and 16% carbamide peroxide solutions. In addition to the reduced sensitivity, the whitening gel features peppermint oil flavoring and an 18-month shelf life without refrigeration. Although they have a long shelf-life, the whitening process only lasts one to two weeks and promises great results!
Dental bonding is a simple cosmetic procedure that can improve the appearance of your smile. It involves applying composite resin to the surface of one’s tooth to repair discolorations and shape discrepancies. Many of our patients opt for this solution because it is less invasive than dental veneers or crowns, and it requires no anesthesia. Furthermore, we will have to remove only minimal tooth enamel during the process. Dental bonding is an ideal solution for:
- Improving the appearance of discolored teeth
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
- Closing small spaces between teeth
- Changing the shape of teeth
- Making teeth look longer
- Protecting an exposed tooth root
- Repairing decayed teeth
Metal-Free & Porcelain Restorations
At Mountainside Dental Group, our goal is always to give our patients the safest, most durable, and most cost-effective option for dental care and dental restorations, and we have found that metal-free restorations exceed our expectations. Metal-free dental restorations allow us to create crowns, bridges, and fillings for our patients that do not contain any metal or metal alloys. Instead, these restorations are made from porcelain, ceramic, resin, or composite.
The primary benefit of using metal-free restorations is that they create a much more natural-looking appearance than traditional restorations. Metal-free restorations can be expertly and accurately fabricated to match the color, shape, and size of your surrounding natural teeth. Many people also have allergies or negative reactions to the metals used in traditional restorations. Some other worthwhile benefits of metal-free dental restorations are:
- Incredibly strong and durable
- More cost-effective
- Better for the environment
- Safe and effective, even during pregnancy
- More of the natural tooth is saved during preparation and application