Dear Valued Patients,
Our office is currently open, and we’re proud to announce the following expanded services to accommodate our patients through this difficult period:
- We will continue to treat patients with any emergency or urgent dental care needs. Call to make an appointment, and please take the time to read our new COVID-19 protocols detailed in the section below
- Patients are invited to call to set up an appointment or with any dental care concerns or questions
At Mountainside Dental Group, our primary focus has always been, and continues to be, the safety and well-being of our patients. To safeguard the health of our dental patients and team as the COVID-19 circumstances continue to evolve, our dental practice is taking the following steps to ensure that Mountainside Dental Group Dental remains a safe, trusted place for our patients to receive quality dental care.
- We will continue to see patients if they are not showing symptoms such as fever, persistent coughing, or shortness of breath.
- Patient Screening: Upon arrival, we’ll be conducting forehead thermometer temperature checks on everyone before entering the office. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be rescheduled.
- Patients Only: Only patients will be permitted into the office, with the exception of children. In those cases, we’ll allow only one parent or childcare provider to enter with the patient
- Modified Check-In Process: Sign-up sheets have been eliminated and check-in will be conducted verbally with a dental team member
- After Check-In: We request that patients wait in their vehicles to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. You’ll receive a call or text when our doctor is ready to see you
- Sanitizing & Disinfecting: All public spaces, including treatment rooms, restrooms, and waiting rooms are being sanitized with disinfectant sprays after every patient is seen. This includes high-touch areas such as chairs, counters, and equipment.
- Protective Barriers: These will be placed on items such as armrests, curing lights, overhead lights, computer keyboards, and suction tips.
- Sterile Instruments: All dental instruments are sterilized after every patient. CDC protocols are strictly adhered to in assuring proper sterilization of dental instruments.
- Staff Screening: No team member with a temperature of 100.4 or higher, or showing symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, or trouble breathing, will be permitted in the practice. In addition, any team member that has traveled to a CDC Level 2 or 3 area will be required to self-quarantine before returning to work, although we are strongly recommending team members not travel at this time.
We value your trust and will continue to monitor the situation, adapting precautionary measures where needed. For the latest information on COVID-19, please CLICK HERE to visit the CDC website.